PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2020, 08:13
YellowFever777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AllWobbly
it is interesting that in general conversation a “dog eat dog “ mentality is developing. This coupled with a sense of entitlement that is at odds with the layoffs worldwide saddens me. I have been in the “industry” longer than most and of course seniority has been a major factor in my personal wellbeing. Now frankly I’m glad to be nearing the end of my flying career as I can see what’s left of it is descending into a potentially unhappy and divided work force. There is no panacea, save jobs alienate the “top” guys, stick to seniority and fire the poor sods at the “bottom”.
It’s not even the dilemma itself that I find worrisome ( that’s aviation for you). It’s the fact that people are voicing such opinions publicly and quite forcefully in front of junior crew members. I might add I have been on the receiving end “you’ve had your time they should get rid of the old/deadwood”.
Have some empathy is all I would ask/suggest.
Please don’t take offense as I’m not directing this at any of the above posts. More of the ramblings of an old buffer on human nature.
I agree with you. I'm trying to be pragmatic and empathetic. SLS is the most equitable sacrifice and relatively very mild when you look at the bloodbaths that are unfolding in other airlines. If and when the company comes looking for redundancies it will be a sad day indeed.