PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 18th Jun 2020, 01:35
ozbiggles

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Because other companies do it cheaper? If you try and enforce an Australian only airline then every other country will retaliate and then this thing continues on even longer that COVID. Would you go overseas if that country said you can only fly our airline or am I pitching this to high? If it was a government paid charter different story but the students will pay the airline bills. Simples

It is not the government paying the bills, it is the TAXPAYER. Everybody wants the taxpayer to pay their bills at the moment it seems. If you have kids they will be very old before they see the bill paid back for this. And what happens in the meantime if another black swan takes flight? Not everything can be saved including your job, welcome to the new reality.

Now I would have liked the government to bail out the airlines, but I understand it is what it is. Now again before people go off on their completely uneducated tangents the government has been paying jobkeeper to Qantas, VA, Rex etc and some support for domestic and international flights. I’d love to see more, but it is already a lot in terms of TAXPAYERS money. It is all going on a credit card, not from a savings account. Do we stop paying for hospitals because every pilot should keep his job?

Speaking as a pilot who lost his job because of Covid who doesn’t get Jobkeeper or jobseeker.

Last edited by ozbiggles; 18th Jun 2020 at 02:22.