PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Becoming a pilot After COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2020, 13:12
African_TrouserSnake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pilotfromhk
Well a bit opinion from Hong Kong.
I dont know whether you guys have heard of "SARS" in 2003. It was also a pandemic disease which...
How can you even compare this with the current situation? 'Rapid rate of recovery' and your basing this on the SARS outbreak a few years ago? It is quite dillusional to be honest, I don't know if you've noticed but major carriers are on the verge of bankruptcy atm.
I get that this 'it will get better, just look at [random example]' is a way of cognitive coping for many, but it will only lull newbies into selling their parent's house since their confimation bias will be reinforced by these 'hopeful messages'.

I invite you to take a look at the "European Airline Pilots" FB group to get a sobering view on the situation. created the 31st of may and 10k+ members already.
Fresh F/O's, SFO's, CPTs, ex-mil drivers, all in **** or about to be, meanwhile driving delivery trucks just to get by.
Daily stories of people who just got into RHS, 3-4-5-6 years after finishing their fATPL, now on furlough/dismissed.

Yes it will get better, but just be real.