PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TUI Airways
Thread: TUI Airways
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 14:44
Cloud1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 737James
A couple of interesting things to happen today I have been contacted by journalist this morning looking for more info and evidence about Tui outsourcing work to SmartLynx and other ACMI carriers when they start operations but are then using furlough scheme until the end and not taking UK staff back on to recommence operations.

Also TUI have made a public statement to say that they expect late Summer for UK flights to commence with at present that their summer season is only 25% sold as so many customers have amended bookings until 2021, they are hoping to get this up to 35% by the time flights commence so I expect the holiday change team may be busy as I can see cutbacks on frequency of flights especially when they have two flights a day to some destinations like with LCA and PFO from LGW and MAN they have a morning and afternoon flight.
I sincerely hope you told the journalists to buggar off and contact TUI themselves. The last thing we need is more hysteria and stirring by the press and least alone from posts made on this site. Anything can change between now and the day of your departure.