PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 13:50
aviator2345

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there
sorry to hear about your situation, I would say to post this on the Collective Colour Vision Thread 4 as you will get many more responses. I have quite a bit of experience regarding colour vision regulations and hope to help you. First thing states can apply different guidance material, here in the UK, unfortunately, we only accept the CAD test. This means you can gain a medical in one state and be denied in another. The best suggestion before the transfer your medical would be to ask the authority that you wish to transfer to, whether they could perform the colour vision assessment first but not as part of a medical, for example, if you choose a state with the lantern test and you passed you are then given two options. Either keep your licence in your current state and send them your result of a pass from the lantern test, if they include that tests as part of the guidance material you should be issued with a class 1, or you can have you're medical denied in your current state and transfer this over, do the new class 1 medical with the knowledge that you passed the colour vision testing and be approved by your new authority. I would highly suggest not doing the CAD test as this has many flaws. The Austrian CAA is correct in saying you cant transfer you're medical without it being denied first by the current authority, but as said because its denied in one state doesn't mean it will be denied in another as they all seem to have slightly different guidance material. You arent allowed two medical examinations in two different authorities at one time. There must be only one state of authority at a time. Have a good research into the tests try and find an authority that does that test and contact them. Hope that helps ! PM me if you have any more questions