PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2020, 04:17
Flex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
???

Originally Posted by Sam Ting Wong
Flex,

1) Every company in Hong Kong has to follow Chinese rules or it will be out of business. The claim this obedience is somehow the result of a secret state control is wrong. It is a pragmatic necessity, and I am very glad our management is aware of that.
2) Our business is China. Every time we go to work we either transport Chinese people or Chinese goods or both. Face that reality. You are not on the other side, you and every employee of Cathay is supporting the Chinese economy and hence part of the system. Nobody forced you, you agreed to be part of the system by signing your contract. You might comfort yourself by saying you are actually a citizen of the free and independent Asia world city Hong Kong and your employer is just some ginger English toff. But the truth is you are working for China. You are directly profiting from the Chinese economic growth and you are hence effectively working for China from day one.
3) Your belief in HK law is a tad naive. HK law has no democratic roots whatsoever, HK people never had a voice. Beijing simply replaced the British rule. One country and two systems means one country and that country is China. The British knew that of course. What labor laws? F HK law is not the same as elsewhere and never was, plus industrial conflicts are a universal occurrence anyway. And you knew all that when you signed the contract. You and I decided to work in China for the financial incentives. Like our comrades in Dubai, Abu Dhabi,Qatar, Guangzhou or Singapore we signed up despite the lack of democracy and human rights in our new homes.

Mngmt Mole

you need to stop blaming management for just about everything that doesn't work out in your life. This is a global and very dynamic pandemic, your demands are ludicrous. Plus, don't forget, you can always leave and join companies that are managed the way you like it!
Oh, I'm sorry. I was under the impression that it was a Public Companies Board and its Directors that run and manage a corporation.. Let me know what books you studied that indicate G men from other countries run the show..
BTW, "my" life has worked out perfectly thank you very much however as you seem to root for the other team and its methods, I'm not as optimistic about yours...