PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 15th Jun 2020, 10:22
NOFLY7773

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EK

So I was one of the people to be given the email no problems and 4 years service. I'm happy to be leaving unlike a lot of people. They essentially have anyone under bond trapped as if you resign you pay them the balance and anything else they deem you owe. You get no access to your provident and essentially leave with next to nothing. The 50% salary cut is more like 65% for those not flying at all and not much better for those that are. I spent 3 months trapped in my house between flights with no access to the outside world, I at least had my family unlike some of my colleagues that were completely alone with their mental state continually reducing and once towards their lowest point they were made redundant with no regards to peoples mental health at all. It is UAE law that any company reducing salary is to offer voluntary redundancy or we are to accept the change via a new contract, we were just given an email. At least Q will pay it back, Ek have given the bare minimum and di it in such a poor distasteful fashion. Why didn't they offer voluntary redundancy to at least save some off the people that want to remain, I know many that would have accepted this. Can't wait to pack up and go back to civilisation.