PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX management. Moral Turpidude
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2020, 15:18
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
My criticism is solely directed to the ongoing lack of direction and decision as it pertains to the pilots. This is causing real and unrelenting anxiety to the entire pilot body. I am not suggesting that CX isn't handling the situation effectively, just that they need to announce what their plan is so the rest of us can begin to plan our futures. If anyone thinks we are going to bumble along and come out the other end unscathed...well, can't really help you.
Nobody knows how this is going to go in the next 6-12 months and beyond. Therefore, it’s not unreasonable for the CX response to be undefined at this point. However, we all know CX will not need all of its pilots for a long time. Over 18 months+! So why are we continuing to train and drag new joiners along as CX is???

It’s a serious question which demands a serious answer. Don’t tell me junior guys on the 747, blah, blah, blah... 777 pilots could easily have been converted by now. We don’t need a pipeline of cheap, inexperienced pilots at this point. It’s continuation is a cynical move which assumes this will be paid for by concessions from senior pilots (SLS, etc). I know what my answer is.

I’m not interested in chopping myself and my peers off at the knees. I don’t owe NJers and cadets in ADL anything, just as the A scalers didn’t owe me anything when I joined. Being new and junior at an airline requires awareness that your training could be cancelled and/or your job could be lost until the airline needs you again. That how seniority works!