PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gatwick-2
Thread: Gatwick-2
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2020, 10:28
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
I've had a look through the ACL report for winter 2020/2021, compared the slots granted (not just requested) and looked for route changes that have not been already announced. I must emphasise that this is based on slots granted - airlines can and sometimes do decline to take up routes, so this is only a "what might happen", not a "what will happen". In a normal year, many of these routes would have been announced by now; I'm guessing a sizeable number of them simply won't happen:

Air Arabia Maroc:
Fez cancelled

Air Nostrum:
New 2x weekly CRJ1000 to Vigo

Alitalia:
7x daily A319 to combination of Rome FCO and Milan LIN were requested, but ACL granted slots for just 5 flights per week ie just 10% of slot request was granted

China Southern:
New route 5x weekly A330/B787 to Guangzhou

Corendon:
New route 2x weekly B738 to Antalya

Easyjet:
Many new routes or beach routes going from summer-only to year round, but I'm dubious on this. Only 2 additional slot pairs allocated per week compared to previous winter
La Palma cancelled

Enter Air:
New route 1x weekly B738 to Banjul

Iraqi Airways:
Baghdad, Erbil(?) and Sulaimaniyah cancelled

Nouvelair:
New route 2x weekly A320 to Enfiddha

Nordica / Regional Jet:
New route 5x weekly to Tallinn

Ryanair:
New routes (2x weekly extra slot pairs) to Malaga and Sofia

SAS Scandinavian:
New route 3x weekly A320 to Copenhagen

Spice Jet:
New routes 9x weekly 267-seat aircraft to combination of Delhi and Mumbai

Stobart Air:
New route 1x weekly E190 to Belfast City

Swiss:
New route 1x weekly A220 to Sion

Titan:
Lyon replaced by Toulouse

Transavia France:
New route 1x weekly B738 to Paris Orly.
4x weekly slots were requested so this route probably won't happen

TUI:
Mauritius and Pattaya cancelled

Vistara:
New route 1x daily B789 to Delhi

Widerĝe:
New route 6x weekly E190-E2 to Bergen. Widerĝe have also been granted slots for 13x weekly E190-E2 on London City - Bergen

Wizzair:
8 new A321/A321neo slot pairs per day to a combination of:
Alghero, Bratislava, Burgas, Castellón, Constanța, Kaunas, Krakow, Košice, Kutaisi, Lisbon, Lviv, Malta, Niš, Odessa, Olsztyn, Palanga, Poprad, Suceava, Sofia, Satu Mare, Szczecin, Târgu Mureș, Tel Aviv, Varna, Vienna, Warsaw and Yerevan
Most routes are (or recently were) already flown from Luton - but Alghero, Malta, Niš, Odessa and Yerevan look to be new
József Váradi, CEO of Wizz has spoken recently about making Gatwick a major base in London. However only 40% of slots requested were actually granted

Wizzair UK:
13x weekly A321neo to a combination of Larnaca + Suceava

It looks as if Wizz+WizzUK have enough slots for the equivalent of basing 4 or 5 A321s at Gatwick

https://www.acl-uk.org/wp-content/up...rd.-Report.pdf

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 14th Jun 2020 at 16:30.