PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Strategic Defence Review 2020 - get your bids in now ladies & gents
Old 12th Jun 2020, 15:52
Red Line Entry

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
Tuc, sorry if I am being dense here but... From what I understand from your post, the last time there was any 'new' input to this debate was in 2014 when Sir Jeremy Haywood declined to expunge a disciplinary offence from the records of a Civil Servant. Since then, the PUS in the cabinet office and a Defence Minister have not replied to some written enquiries.

What I struggle with is the jump from these facts to the insinuation/accusation/implication that current equipment procurement is operating in an environment where individuals fear disciplinary action if they raise concerns over perceived errors made by other departments or sections. If you have evidence of such a state of affairs in current DE&S activity, then please share.

If you want to highlight a historic perceived injustice, then all power to your elbow. However, if you are going to lay allegations about the work being done at the moment, then I believe that you need to stump up some credible and current evidence.

Regards, RLE.