PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What really upsets me...
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2020, 18:31
Spunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What really upsets me...

Is there anything which really got you mad when you were watching other pilots and their obvious lack of airmanship?

Yesterday, I was just firing up our EC120 when little dumf*** in his R44 comes around the corner and passes by in close distance and parks the aircraft right in front of me (maybe 60 ft away). His wife jumps out to get the ground handling wheels from the hangar. By the time she gets back (about 1 minute later) the engine is shut down and out jumps Mr. Pilot himself, the blades still spinning at idle speed. The only one left on the controls is Mom's little Chiwawa.

"Oh boy", I hear myself saying. " You better stay here for now and don't move". Mom hands over the wheels to her hubby and act No. 2 starts (remember, those blades are still spinning). He puts on ground handling wheel No.1 and ..... sure enough, jacks up the helicopter on the right hand side.

This was the moment when I decided not to wait any longer and to give a damn about his rotorhead. I backed up and flew away.