PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Group possible Redundancy Numbers/Packages
Old 11th Jun 2020, 12:16
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfng
Id leave those 747 crew out of it completely and assume they'd either give up, call it a day early or hit 65 before they can be trained.
Well then you’ve got to pay them MGH. There is going to be ‘useful flying’ in long haul at some stage during that time frame. If you’re going to pay them MGH over a period of 18 months you could offer them 12 months MGH and with the redundancy tax rates they clear the same (or perhaps a bit more) money.

Originally Posted by Beer Baron
The fact that the RIN operated that way previously is no guarantee it will do so now. These are vastly different times.

As you would know, the crew who were the last to be RIN’d off the 767 had no aircraft to fly for up to 4 months. They had training courses planned for a future date BUT they remained a 767 Capt’s or F/O’s until that course and received the pay and conditions applicable to that fleet despite the fact that there were no aircraft to fly.
Yes, these are different times but a RIN is an agreed process with a set outcome as per the award. I’d reckon it’d be ‘bad faith’ to say that when the 747 is finished at the end of March that a crew member could remain stood down for an indeterminate time before starting their training course at a time of the company’s choosing. The number of Captains that will require re-training will be in the thirties. Under normal circumstances if they were all going to the same fleet that would be 3-4 months. F/O numbers are slightly higher than that and then there’s the S/Os. There is ‘useful work’, it’s their training course. That there is a bottleneck is not the fault of the individual crew member.

If there is training capacity then again the courses should be started fairly promptly post March next year.

Originally Posted by Beer Baron
I would certainly hope that is NOT the interpretation Qantas take but they have a long history of interpreting rules/laws to benefit the company and screw us. Let’s hope I’m proven wrong.
Agreed. I’d hope AIPA would argue against this fairly strenuously.

Telfer86, LHEA 15.10.3 under voluntary redundancy.

The Company may, at its discretion, offer voluntary redundancies prior to making pilots compulsorily redundant. Prior to final determination of the package to be offered, the Company will meet, as a minimum, its obligations pursuant to clause 9 to consult with the Association on details of the package and, in addition, provide the Association the opportunity to negotiate, in good faith, the package to be offered. The Association acknowledges that the package to be offered in the case of voluntary redundancies by the Company is ultimately at the Company's discretion.

(b) Additionally, the Company will have the right to identify which pilots or groups of pilots will be offered the opportunity to apply for voluntary redundancy and will have the final decision on which pilots are made voluntarily redundant.