PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic
Thread: Virgin Atlantic
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2020, 08:54
brian_dromey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JW95
With VS now having temporarily withdrawn from LGW, does anyone know what is to happen to their now former check in/bag drop area in zone A in the North terminal? As of yet, it remains unclear as to when, or if VS will be returning to Gatwick in the short term, so I'd be interested to see who would be taking over this space in their absence. I can't see it going dusty and unused. The same goes for their club lounge, are there any plans for this to be reactivated for use by another airline?
I don't imagine any airlines will have plans right now in terms of taking over lounge space. In better times I would have guessed that someone like No1 might take it over. Equally VS could sell it as a buy-in option under a new airport lounge brand if they are stuck with the space. I know V-Room was only for Virgin Holidays customers, but is there any real reason why Virgin couldn't sell access to one, or both of these lounges. Swissport and No1 seem to do very well out of it - at least in the old world.