PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2020, 12:47
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gurnard

I've had four sectors (two per booking) cancelled in the past couple of months. Each time I received an email from easyJet telling me of the cancellation and offering options, one of which was a refund.

I clicked my way through their website (it was straightforward) until I reached the digital refund form which is per booking and not per sector. The website now carries this message:

"Please rest assured that we are trying to get everyone’s refund requests processed as quickly as possible. However, our current average processing time means that many customers will likely have to wait for the duration of the summer, and with our backlog continuing to extend, we anticipate new requests taking much longer."

I applied for a refund re my first booking on 23 April and it was acknowledged immediately by email but contained this note:

"Thank you for contacting us and for submitting a refund request.
We are working hard to process your request as quickly as possible. Due to the exceptionally high volumes currently being processed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we will try our best to complete your request within 28 days following submission. Please do not contact us regarding a previous request unless it has been more than 90 days since you made your original submission. Thank you again for your patience and understanding."

I'm still awaiting the refund.

I applied for a refund re my second booking on 24 May and would not have expected that to be actioned yet bearing in mind their website message although the email acknowledgement was identical to that for my first application.