PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Mobilization into Washington DC?
Old 5th Jun 2020, 11:49
Vortex Hoop

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pr00ne
Vortex Hoop,

Are you sure you are not getting muddled up wtih US footage? I was at the demonstration at the weekend which was peaceful and the chat and banter with the Police was friendly, and they were generally supportive. I was not on the demonstration on Wed but did just happen to be walking up Whitehall when a number of demonstrators who were gathered outside the gates to Downing Street were running down Whitehall toward Parliament Square. There were not thousands of them, they were NOT rioting, and at no time did I get any sense that they would. More than a few gathered at the Cenotaph for staged photos but they didn't desecrate it, and a lot of the protestors called them out and told them to leave it alone, which eventually they did.
I am very sure I am not confused. The two incidents below were in Central London on Wednesday: Police attacked in Whitehall and Oz news crew attacked possibly near Admiralty Arch. Further incidents appearing as I type. You may have been on a different demo to the one I saw online. The police seem to be too afraid to act to contain and arrest these rioters, for fear of selective news editing by the mob.

Michael Heaver ⁦‪@Michael_Heaver‬⁩
Police officers abused and one is then physically attacked and knocked over in London today.

pic.twitter.com/dAUfrWqrWb

The Today Show ⁦‪@TheTodayShow‬⁩
#BREAKING: Nine News Europe correspondent Ben Avery has been forced to abandon his live coverage as protestors clash with police in London. #9Todaypic.twitter.com/xE9Qhf8CME

l