PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eastern Airways-2
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2020, 06:36
adfly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rog747
I need to go to Yorkshire asap for a day trip - it is for business
(ATM we cannot stay overnight under the current lock-down rules) and it is a bloody long drive from sleepy Dorset to go for the day, not even gonna go there.

Great, let's fly I thought -

I live fairly local to SOU and wish to use, and support my local airport -
Eastern re-start LBA 29 June.

Very p'''d off to see that although they are now flying again to/from LBA their flight times are totally useless for a day trip - 17.05 departure from SOU.
This will never work for us, so why did they even bother?

OK let's go to LHR -
BA have just announced last week they are dropping their LBA from LHR - An almost continuous link since before my days working at BMA at LHR when we took over the LBA service from BA in 1980. BMA did 4 daily Viscount flights.

Ugh.............
I expect they'll be a further easing of the lockdown rules before the routes start, I'd be very surprised if in a months time it is still not allowing overnight stays. I guess it's a tricky one for the airlines, they have to balance offering flexibility against the very low demand at the moment.

However the lack of any coherent roadmap of planned lockdown easing from the Govt is very frustrating for individuals and businesses. Then again it's hardly surprising considering the incompetence seen at most stages of this situation by them...