PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2020, 14:13
PilotLZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The massive protests in the UK, the USA and multiple other countries aren't that much about human rights any longer, I believe. They are largely a vent for the tension which has built up in society during the last month. Many aren't going there to defend any cause but to vent out their overall frustration with the situation. I hope to be proven wrong but such mass gatherings might as well ignite the mass contagion which we just hoped had been avoided by the lockdown. And they will certainly cause further unrest in the sectors which suffered the worst from all the restrictions. If you can go to a protest with thousands of people, zero social distancing and no masks, then why can't you board an aircraft? Why can't you go to a concert or a sports event? Why do you have to keep denying yourself any contact with other human beings? Especially in the UK, where the road trip of Mr Cummings to Durham already caused a great number of people to ignore lockdown, things can get completely out of hand soon. I hope that the next weeks will prove me wrong, but this is not looking good for now.