PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2020, 09:32
Fawad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vilas
Airbubba
There's very serious and damning evidence is being put out on Pakistani media channels. Especially four videos by one particular journalist in which he has produced evidence of nepotism and corruption in the CAA, PIA and culpability of PALPA the pilot's Union. He has challenged these organizations and has threatened take legal action. But these videos are not in English. If what he says is true it makes a horrifying picture.
Not sure which journalist or report you're talking about, but I can assure you it's probably just tip of the iceberg. Most corruption is done so elegantly, you wouldn't find a paper trace. I can tell you this much with certainty, there is nepotism, political and ethnic appointments, corruption, negligence, and incompetence. Don't forget its the same airline that was caught a few years ago having multiple pilots with fake degrees and/or fake licenses. PALPA, the pilots union mafia, was quick to the rescue to avoid others being scrutinized. I have/had 3 close relatives in PIA in different departments to know quite well how things work. Thankfully, 2 of them left (for greener pastures) because they were professionals.

I mentioned earlier in one of my posts that there are "several issues" at PIA but chose not to go into details. It would give a general state of affairs but not particularly helpful in this scenario.