PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lufthansa board reject € 9 Bn rescue plan
Old 2nd Jun 2020, 11:57
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by armagnac2010
Compared with Germany, people in other countries tend to own their living place, rather than renting it and spending their income on useless luxury car leasings. This is indeed why there are no speed limits on Autobahn; get the average German family to spend a disproportionate amount of their wages on Mercs or BMW. We all know buying a car is the best way to lose capital. So in the end, German median wealth is low, compared to the living standards of the country. A respectable choice, except it promotes CO2 emissions, and hopefully the EU will pay a closer look at it.
I´m regurlarly in France, Spain, Greece and have been so for a considerable time (being an executive pilot for 30 years + now). I always wondered why there are no cars on the roads in the club med, just donkey carts. Thanks for enlightening me.

Do you even realize how dumm your arguments are ? Do you have ANY idea what a nurse, a salesperson, an average low paid person in Germany earns ? And what the costs of living is ?

IF you find a way, how - say my wife, who is an assistant to a dentist - can survive and drive Merc or an BMW on her 1200€ salary (after taxes) if she would not be married, but would have to rent her own little flat (30 square meter comes at about 450-600€/Month), let me know. Or get her own flat or house.
In reality she drives a used Smart For 2 we bought for 8000€ years ago and will keep that car for the foreseeable future.

I have the distinct feeling that you don´t have the slightest idea about realities of living in Germany. And no, I´m not complaining, I´m relatively well off.

Last edited by His dudeness; 10th Jun 2020 at 08:49.