PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 1st Jun 2020, 08:54
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by George Glass
..........Personally, once the doors are closed I’m in my element. Love it. But I cant say the same of many of the younger generation.
Too much cookie-cutter training. Not enough flying the aircraft. Not enough passion for flying.
The motivation behind the decision of young people to go flying continues to be questioned by those of a certain age. Passion often being one missing component.

The puppy farms as commercial outfits are really only interested in one thing ~ profit.

The ability to pay through the bank of Mum & Dad is often the case. They think of it as gaining ‘Status’ in society.

Depends upon the culture. Back in the 1990s, BAeFC trained Cathay students from Hong Kong ethnic Chinese only. There was difficulty getting recruits from time to time, as the ‘status’ was regarded similar to that of a taxi or bus driver.

My view is that pilots are best able to choose prospective pilots, not HR, or ‘recruitment experts’.
There are a number of what appears to be innocent questions which in reality are the ‘under arm test’.
Mental arithmetic for a start.
Q.1 what is the square root of 81?
Q.2 what is the cube of 9?

Old fashioned ~ Moi?