PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 06:48
normanton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mohikan
Normanton.
There is also no chance of senior crew voting to accept pay cuts to save Normantons job (as an example)

Unlike the recent LHEA (which I was an enthusiastic yes voter for) there is nothing in this for me to protect your job.
Not once have I asked anyone to save my job.

But just for the record, when the company goes down the path of redundancy by fleet with an emergency hearing with fairwork, and the company turns to the 330/787 crew to operate reduced lines so we can asborb some of the 747/380 crew, there will be nothing in it for me. I won't be accepting any pay reduction to save your job. Two can play that game. Good riddance!

Originally Posted by Beer Baron
I think your argument is flawed.
You can’t suggest things have deteriorated since the LHEA was submitted, if anything the situation in Australia has improved and avoided the worst predictions available at the time.
They actually have.

At no point where we looking at international at 1% capacity, and domestic 5%. And those numbers are only there because of government funding. Without them its 0%.

You can't sit here and say during EBA negotiations and voting we were looking at Qantas being entirely grounded.