PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st May 2020, 06:38
ruprecht

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by mohikan
Normanton.

Beer Baron is 100% correct. The airline had a chance to shelve the EA vote and set up for the post COVID environment but chose not to. There is zero chance of FWA giving relief from the RIN or redundancy provisions now.

FWA is very clear its job is not to solve a businesses mistakes with its workforce. Look at the arbitration result post the grounding of the airline for the best example. Qantas got almost nothing it asked for.

There is also no chance of senior crew voting to accept pay cuts to save Normantons job (as an example)

Because demotions are going to happen anyway. And so every F/O and Captain and most of the ultra senior S/Os will vote no to such a proposal. You end up changing seats and fleets and then going onto a b-scale as part of that to save the job of a pilot whose naked hatred of senior crew and contempt on the flight deck for anyone which has more experience than him is well known.

Unlike the recent LHEA (which I was an enthusiastic yes voter for) there is nothing in this for me to protect your job.

So enjoy being back in the RAAF. You will be there for a while I reckon. Probably for good.
You like digging holes, don’t you?