PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AFR - Virgin Administrators come under fire for doubtful forecasts
Old 29th May 2020, 09:52
Colonel_Klink

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
[QUOTE=KRUSTY 34;10796105]
Originally Posted by Colonel_Klink

If Company A in your situation was going to pay $100m more than Company B, but only operate 40 domestic aircraft, versus Company B who were going to pay slightly less but operate more aircraft, and hold on to the WB and VARA - there is a compelling argument that Company B might be in the greater interest of ALL creditors when compared to Company A.

Only if the Administrators have a fundamental lack of understanding as to what led VA into this mess in the first place.
For what it’s worth Krusty, I don’t think that’s actually a credible scenario. I was just trying to make the point that the highest bidder isn’t necessarily going to be the preferred option by the administrator.

From all the media - it’s hard to think the WBs survive. If they do - it will only be one of the current types.

And as for VARA - there is essentially no mention of them. All I keep hearing is one NB type. If you take that literally, then no more ATR or West Coast 320/F100. I just wonder if the advisors of the international bidders seriously understand the WA charter market. It makes money, has significant on carriage and is a pretty good for those WA corporate accounts....I sincerely hope that it survives.