PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAP 413 Edition 23 - is this what we are now to expect of UK CAA?
Old 29th May 2020, 08:28
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jinglejangles
You are confusing ident on 7000, which was always prohibited. Now we can no longer ident on any police helis, TQF1R etc.
Apart from 7000 other conspicuity squawks have long been with us such as TQF, pipeline helicopters etc, all therefore (according to MATS 1) neither validated or verified?

When it was fun to go to work remember two forays with the wearers of conspicuity squawks. First TQF Wessex (yes, long time ago!) freecalls requesting and then virtually demanding a radar service (RIS/RAS) in Class G airspace. Went through the repertoire of ident attempts, "squawk xxxx- cannot change squawk", "report heading, turn left/right - cannot change heading", "report radial/DME from......- don't have VOR". "Sorry sir unable to provide you a radar service".

Next, during a busy morning in Class D airspace "Pipeline xxxx request Zone entry squawking 0036"" (looking to route straight through my final approach track), "Pipeline xxxx squawk xxxx", "Sorry I am not allowed to change my squawk" (beggars belief!), "Pipeline xxxx I cannot identify you on your current squawk and cannot offer an entry clearance until I can, remain outside controlled airspace". Immediate change of attitude, identified and cleared through.

We all digress, any more contributors to the thread title?