PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 07:50
EchoKilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well said!

Originally Posted by OzzyOzBorn
So what I want to know before arranging any new overseas travel is:

- When can I insure myself against travel disruption relating to C-19? Purchasing this as an optional extra (like cruise cover, winter sports cover, etc.) would be fine, but travelling completely uninsured against C-19 risk is not.

- When can I be sure that either my destination country or the UK itself won't order me into quarantine for 14 days by default, even if in perfect health?

- When will the FCO rescind advice against all but essential travel to other countries?

- When can I be sure that my destination will offer a welcoming experience? Will there be any visitor attractions / restaurants / bars / pools / activities open? Excursions operating, anything to do?

- Will the locals at destination resent me as a pariah / leper importing the plague from a 'high-risk' country to kill off their grannies?

- Will I be required to dress up as an astronaut every time I venture out from my resort accommodation?

- Will I be obligated to sit so far apart from everyone that it will be impossible to meet new friends or hold a conversation without shouting? (Though everyone generally moves a safe distance away from me anyway!)

- Will I be denied boarding at the departure gate and despatched into lockdown if one of those handheld temperature measurement devices detects an element of perspiration on my forehead whilst negotiating a hot and sweaty airport environment with luggage?

- Given all these newly-introduced measures, how much extra time will I need to allow for interlining at an enroute hub airport?

I'm quite at ease with the flight element of the trip. But all the above remain concerns until proven otherwise.