PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 29th May 2020, 07:46
ATNotts

Received 246 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by SCFC1EP
At least more airlines are starting up again from 01/07/20 so I would expect this 14day quarantine only to last 3 weeks,
Emirates restart on 01/07/20 MAN daily, LHR 4 daily GLA daily all A380's that's a lot of seats , they then up frequency 2 weeks later by adding a 2nd MAN 5th LHR agian all A380's and on 01/08/20 add BHX and LGW both2 daily A380 with rest of UK ops returning 01/08/20
That is my feeling too, the decision was a daft one on the face of it. However once it's in place globally the government will be in a position to lift it on a piecemeal basis where the risk is deemed to be low enough (or I fear where there is a political expedient - read into that what you will). On current infection rates the EU and EEA, perhaps with the exception of Sweden, most of the Far East, Australia and NZ, and parts of Norther America could be winners; South America, Russia and some other nations of the former Soviet Union such as Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan where the governments are in denial may remain under quarantine rules. So actually, although the quarantine rules put in at this stage looked perverse, it might actually have been calculated as a better way of doing things diplomatically than placing quarantine restriction only against specified nations at the outset.