PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2020, 16:11
ATNotts

Received 275 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
I didn't quote daily rates.
It could be that testing in France is better targeted.
I use www.worldometers.info/coronavirus which is updated in real time and may be the data source for JHU.
No, I know you didn't post daily rates. I thought the French fall in daily cases was pretty impressive, there's probably other French data that, not being a French speaker, I can't interpret on numbers of people in ICU presently that would betray any lack of or poor testing so we probably have to accept that Macron's very firm lockdown that required permits to travel outside the home really did pay dividends and was the way to go, though certainly "not British".

It could be interesting to see what crumbs Johnson hands out this evening; he needs something headlining to take the heat off the whole Cumming affair and his (mis?) handling of it. An announcement about "air bridges" ahead of the quarantine arrangements coming into force, thus providing "Brits can go to the Costas" types of headline in the red top press might facilitate that quite nicely. Fingers crossed, not so much for "the Brits" but for those working in travel and tourism.