PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air supply nozzles and Covid-19
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2020, 12:48
exfocx

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
320busboy did you read your own link that throughly? I have NO problem about the filtering capability of the HEPA filters, I do with the fact that you believe that it's completely safe in an aircraft (well, AB anyway) than anywhere else, but I'm not so sure about that. For starters the OIT is a RECOMMENDATION, there appears to be no requirement on filter replacement by the AMM, operator discretion! As is whether the operator even passes on the OIT is at their discretion.

One other area of concern I'd have is that while the HEPA filters are designed to take viruses out of the air, what are the AMM RECOMMENDATIONS for replacement based on? I doubt that the aircraft designers had expected that they would be needing to remove viruses like CV19 so I doubt they have accurate data for this as well (by this at what point of contamination do you replace them based on risk of transmission) . Regardless how some on pprune wish to feel because of the impact on their careers and financial positions, this virus is nothing like the seasonal flu. I also wonder what the cost of the filters are and how that plays on management when it comes to this issue. If it isn't mandatory I bet it isn't replaced.

Last edited by exfocx; 27th May 2020 at 13:01.