PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nas End State!!!end It Now!!
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2003, 15:48
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Hempy, I have to agree. Only problem is these ignorant f.u.c.k.s will take some other poor bastard with them.

They come on here and blurt out "Bring On Nas....YEH!!" like some Bruce Willis action hero, but don't take the time to read the concerns raised throughout all the threads and answer them. So for their benefit ( yes I know I am wasting my time) here we go again,

-The US is not the same as Australia, predominantly because they have more controllers per aircraft movement than we do, and vastly more radar coverage to work with. Compare apples with apples Australia does not have the infrastructure that the US has.
-The US has never discouraged VFR aircraft from broadcasting on Control frequencys, and certainly have not made the frequencys dissapear off the charts to "encourage" mute VFR pilots.
-TCAS cannot be relied upon because there is no requirement for the Mode C of the VFR to be checked and verified as being correct on a regular basis, and if flying in non radar airspace the Mode C could be wildly out (seen often) and cause an accident with an RPT responding to a TCAS RA not save one.
-How is this a union beatup when with all this E airspace there will be more controllers not less and there will still be the same number of RPT pilots. If it was all about vested interests, CivilAir (the controllers union for the ignorant) would be screaming from the rooftops that NAS was wonderful, as it will bring them more members paying there $1200 a year in subscriptions.
The rest you can find on all the other threads. I know you'll all drag your hairy knuckles across your keyboards and type the usual "Once upon a time in a pub far far away I spoke to two imaginary friends of mine who both were RPT pilots and they both loved NAS very very much, cos they love coming out of cloud and having Bitching Betty telling them to "Climb Climb Now" " Yep thats the way to run an Aviation industry.