PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 27th May 2020, 08:34
RexBanner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Zoom meeting didn’t really tell us anything. It was a wish list for Balpa effectively just as BA have theirs, who’s more likely to get what they want? It’s a fact that it’s the position made redundant not the individual. That means anyone displaced only to find someone else taking up their position has a case for unfair dismissal. Not watertight as transferred redundancy (bumping) is not in itself illegal (as Bex has said) but it’s proven to be very difficult to justify for the company concerned. It usually takes place in cases where just one role has been made redundant, not both. Whether BA are going to want to potentially fight a load of unfair dismissals in court when it gives them the additional logistical and financial headache of having to retrain and retain a captain sitting on P1 pay to sit in the RHS is very much open to question.

I’m not saying it won’t go the way you suggest not for one moment. I’d very much like you to be correct because with mitigation efforts from Balpa and about 900 or so sitting below me on the MSL that might mean I’m safe. However I’m suggesting it won’t be as clear cut as that.

Bex the case I’m advocating actually makes me more vulnerable not less ;-)

Last edited by RexBanner; 27th May 2020 at 08:55.