PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2020, 17:57
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in Oban
FFMAN's post is a clear example of confirmation bias - believing only those conclusions which support your prior belief.
The death rate is still catching up, and I suspect that political imperatives will cause underreporting I'm many states.
Pot Kettle Black?

You don't know anything about me or my beliefs but if it helps you, I'm still sticking with the current rules because I believe in obeying the law even though I don't agree with it. But I have a right to question it and the policies that have led to its creation. Just as one set of scientific beliefs can be right or wrong, so can others. We are being fed a lie by the government that only their scientists are correct. I'm am merely posting alternative viewpoints from equally viable scientists who have different views, to provide balance and, with a bit of luck, to help people be less terrified of their fellow man.

One thing from the quote that sticks out is that someone who advises the government has said publicly that the 2m rule was conjured up out of nowhere and has no scientific basis. The basis for the subsequent decision to take this as a 'rule' and pretend it was based on science should be scrutinized in any free and open democracy. The government should be held to account for imposing a policy that will destroy the british airline industry as well as the hospitality sector for years to come; possible permanent damage has been done. Hundreds of thousands of young people's futures will have been trashed. The social and economic consequences of this are almost unimaginable. Most people over 30 will not live to see the day that the debt to pay for this is finally paid off.