PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Base Training, Command Courses, POS18 and job cuts
Old 24th May 2020, 15:32
Vtwin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pickuptruck
So in summary, the company should have laid off guys a while ago, the more the better. Aviation is starting up again so best they lay them off before they need them. BA and it’s competitors in Europe aren’t laying off based on seniority, they’re doing whatever they need or want to do and BALPA can’t stop it.

But here in Hong Kong, the average more senior ppruner thinks - follow seniority, lay-off lots so the company is saved and I keep my job but btw don’t downgrade me.
No, many senior ppruners may think; I've been in this industry a long time, taken my licks. Some have had several furloughs in previous lives. Some even ended up here at this god forsaken place over them. Maybe they are thinking; When is it my turn to benefit from hard earned seniority? Yeah I know, what selfishness huh?

And then you have the participation trophy entitled kid on the bottom of the list that thinks that life's setbacks don't somehow apply to him too. Well, maybe they won't and don't with the perverted system we have in place here and you will get off light, but as far as it concerns me, don't expect that I'll be picking up your tab too. I already paid my dues here and elsewhere. More than once. It is your turn now. Sadly.

Welcome to the industry.

Last edited by Vtwin; 24th May 2020 at 15:49.