PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 14 day quarantine
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2020, 03:04
norfolkungood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Car RAMROD
Australia, for one.

from the Deparment of Health COVID factsheet-

the above requirement means that you could be in permanent isolation. Home-work-home-work only, unless you get 14 days at home without going overseas, then you can go outside the home and do something.
”self isolation” in this case in Aus means stay at home. You can only leave the house to go to work, a medical appointment or to escape harm (ie fire, flood, violence).

crazily, I could do a flight to NZ (which is mostly Covid free) and back to home base, in one duty, not set foot outside the plane other than a walk-around, yet I’d have to isolate in Aus when I return.
make sense? No. That’s government!
Effectively this is what we are doing here in Hong Kong. During layover at any port we are mandated to stay in our room, only room service or the like for food. On return we are in Medical Surveillance for 14 days. Report twice daily temperature check to Company and remain at home as much as possible, avoiding social contact with others, allowed out for exercise once a day. All Doctors and Dentists here refuse to see anyone with travel history in the last 14 days, so makes it tricky if you are sick....Been doing this for the 6 weeks or so.....