PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PIA A320 Crash Karachi
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 12:57
neilki

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Toruk Macto
Surely they saw the first attempt with no wheels down. A belly landing is not something a control tower would normally ask about after a mayday call. This report will make interesting reading.

Is there any chance of getting a A320 near a runway from 3500? 5 miles out with out the gear down ? Warnings where more likely to be flap over speed while pushing nose down ? ATC would be saying something if they saw an aircraft going through 500 ft with gear still up I’d hope ?
Fifi can get down quickly; but not if you want to remain gainfully employed in aviation. This crash began several minutes before that.. if youre that close with that much energy your head is not in the game. Bug out; collect your thoughts and reset your head.
my company specifically states that a missed approach is not evidence of poor skill.
-its evidence of good judgement.

ATC aren’t looking at your gear; another pilot might; but it’s not the kind of thing you’re looking out for...
i wonder how much these folks had flown in the last few weeks; I wouldn’t be surprised if that was a factor, as well as the authority and recency gradients in CRM speak.
what a cluster..

Last edited by neilki; 23rd May 2020 at 13:11.