PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe fires 25% of pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 08:11
733driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Journey Man
Wasn’t NetJets the big order Textron needed for the Hemisphere as well? I think it was a big Longitude commitment at the same time. It will be interesting to see what happens with the Hemisphere and how NetJets proceed with those commitments. I’m not convinced Textron are capable of matching the likes of Gulfstream, Bombardier or Dassault in that sector, particularly in terms of tailored cabin fits and quality control. But no doubt the Hemisphere will be cheap in comparison.

You would think a fractional would be the ideal vehicle to mop up the touted occasional users of bizav who are expected to cause a bump in the market post-COVID19. Fingers crossed for the F2TH crew.
The Hemisphere development has been suspended due to problems with the Silvercrest engine. The Longitude order still stands I believe and NetJets US have already started taking delivery.

And by the way, it's not just Falcon crews who are being made redundant. So good luck to all of the affected colleagues.

Fractional is a good alternative to full ownership and charter for those who use a private jet 50 to maybe 200 hours or so a year. The occasional user is better off chartering or buying a card. Someone who flies say 400 hours a year is probably better off with their own, managed aircraft.