PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Saudi’s dirty game against its pilots
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2020, 04:26
finestkind

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Interestingly enough non- middle east pilots appear to be hired everywhere including areas where they are not in a country that in anyway be classified as one of their own. Which makes it no surprise that Saudi pilots can find employment with other airlines in the region (but elsewhere?).
I have been fortunate enough to have trained some Saudi's that would have been an asset in any airforce. And from my experience the percentage of those that make this grade is far lower than in other countries. So based on this plus and other experience gained I have no doubt that there are very capable Saudi Captains but would argue that percentage would be less than elsewhere. This is not just ability but also being a product of your environment. I had one student that would have aced Top Gun but how was he ever going to hone his skills and become an ace in space when his fellow squadron members where not overly interested in flying. In any country anywhere an overconfident, arrogant individual without ability to back up their belief in themselves (his ego is writing cheques his body cannot cash) is looked at with disdain by others unless the whole country is over confident and arrogant. Looking down on you, having experienced treatment of a non Saudi in Saudi please don't be a hypocrite.