PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to Decommission 50%+ of Airbus A380, Axe 1/2 of Pilots & Cabin Crew
Old 21st May 2020, 12:08
donpizmeov

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Cantbebothered
The author of the article might not be that reliable (he was cabin crew for only 6 years at EK)....a lot of the stuff he posts has a ring of truth to it and some totally true. He has contacts at EGHQ that give him these tip offs. Regardless of the article...we all know a substantial amount of layoffs are coming in order to for EK to regain its footing. Being in denial and getting angry when someone mentions the inevitable is just lying to yourselves.Best start preparing for Plan B.
Didn't you leave years ago for a Low Cost out of Cape Town? I hope that plan B worked out well for you.

A very confusing thread this one, as not many of these posts actually come from EK pilots. But it does seem like everyone else has an opinion.

I hope all the EK pilots (and groupies and hangers on this thread has attracted) are doing well. One day, this will all be over. Those normal nights of sleep you have been getting use to will be over, and we will be able to bitch and moan about normal sh@t again.

For those Gent EK retired pilots, thanks for your thoughts. I know several of you went through this type of disruption once or even a few times in your career. Let's hope we learnt some lessons from you.