PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handley Page Hastings
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2020, 08:39
staircase

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Once again ah....you may well laugh. A new co pilot on the way to Cyprus and I need a pee. Well the toilets were still in the rear. The toilet consisted of an elsan and a pee tube that drained out to the air. However I noticed that the pee tube was still in situ in the old crew rest area on the flight deck, now the inverter room on the T5. Biggles here unzips and lets go to find himself with a wet foot, the bottom of the 'tube' seemingly cut off.

On arrival in Cyprus the 'pee tube' I had used was taken out by the engineer and used to fill the domestic water tank. I never did tell anyone obviously, but drank orange juice for the next leg.

I had another experience with the pee tube.We were doing a flypast in line astern for a graduation parade at Swinderby. I was playing co pilot for the Group Captain, who was flying number 2. Running in for the 'show', someone on the lead aeroplane went for a good long squirt, the resulting fluid arriving all over our windscreen, and those ex Hastings people will remember it leaked like the proverbial sieve. Interesting conversations afterwards!