PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas mainline brings 717’s in house
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 22:22
Ragnor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudsurfng
My guess is there will be quite a few redundancies from multiple fleets and ranks within the group. This includes 717/f100/320/380/747. How that is done remains to be seen. Alternatively, expect an indefinite period of stand down....much cheaper.

as far as the 717 being in house, it doesn’t really change anything. Your T’s & C’s won’t change, there is no magic path to mainline if that’s what you desire, and it’s no more of a threat to sunrise/320 etc than it was or wasn’t before. If anything, the company will use the 717 pilots as a threat to network and vice versa.

and as someone said...the bottom of any seniority list at the moment is not somewhere you want to be! Although I fear we may soon find out that in this particular covid world, your position on the seniority list matters not...all that matters is what fleet you’re on.
Redundancy off what 320? if you're talking about JQ I very much doubt it, JQ will come back strong over the next 12 months and QF need them to keep any competitor at bay in the leisure market. As for the 717s they have business class? seems like a very good strategic move by AJ as demand for QF seat could be low due to higher cost with the much much cheaper Cobham crew they can still compete in the same market with a 100 seat jet and still offer business class.