PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - E Drops to FL125 on the 21st of May
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2020, 05:01
Capn Bloggs

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by Emad
Cruise @ FL125 is not available if Area QNH is below 963hPa?
For those of us who don't like levelling right at the base of CTA, and who like levelling at IFR cruising levels when denied a clearance, FL110 is the next lowest FL tracking east.

Originally Posted by Approach
I once watched two PT jets separating themselves south of Ayers Rock, one climbing out, the other inbound on descent. Heaps of traffic information, heaps of pilot-pilot separation, both had to level off until they observed passing on TCAS!
Originally Posted by Approach
From tomorrow, above FL125 (depends if lower Class E trial still going ahead) ATC will vector for 5NM separation and easily achieve uninterrupted climb/descent for both.
Wee! Impressive! A vector approach and departure service in the boonies. I'd like that. How much is that going to cost industry, Australia-wide?

Originally Posted by Mister Approach
Cynical Conclusion - Once again the federal government (Airservices and CASA) has spotted a way to make themselves look good, and potentially make more money from IFR, without having to spend any money to protect IFR from VFR.
Are you seriously suggesting radar be put in so VFR with their transponders can be separated from IFR? Now that is a good one!

"Potentially" = "I don't really know, but I think that might be the case".

I see the children are back putting in their 2-bob's worth... Kindy out for the afternoon?

Last edited by Capn Bloggs; 21st May 2020 at 04:52. Reason: Removed a response to Emad, as I have just noticed he modified the post of theirs that I quoted.