PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Police Squadron firefighting presentation
Old 17th May 2020, 11:40
Aser

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by heliduck
That’s correct Aser, on the Bambi multi-drop bucket you need to hold the button in to open the valve so each time you press the button for about 1 second you drop approximately 50 litres of water. Fill to the top then pull to the first limit on the FLI, button off enough water to get the load airborne & away you go. It’s a good technique for large open dip sites but There is a risk when dipping from a small hole which requires a vertical descent/departure that if the bucket malfunctions you’ll be stuck there unable to lift the load, so if the dip site won’t allow you to tip a bit of water out by resting the bucket against a rock or log etc. then don’t fill it to 100%.
My experience is in the 412 and I could not load full fuel plus 2800lbs of bucket (setting aside performance) without exceeding the max. gross weight, that's why I was surprised. I guess you are talking about a B3 or other "plastic helicopter" .
I was always using a bucket restricted to 90 or 80% and ~1.5h of fuel

Regards.