PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flyer Magazine to stop print version, digital only.
Old 16th May 2020, 19:30
biscuit74

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Pistons Forever
I got my first subscription to Flying magazine when I was 9 years old. The current magazine is a pale, lame imitation of what used to be a great magazine. Pilot has followed the same arc unfortunately. The good news is that every back issue of Flying magazine from their glory years is available on google. I have been recently re-reading the late 1960's and 1970's editions, and very much enjoying the great writing from aviation legends like Ernest Gann

I agree Big Pistons Forever. The stories from the likes of Ernest K Gann were superb. The days of Bax and Thomas Block and intriguing design articles by Peter Garrison kept em amused for hours. Heck, even Mr Collins and his natterings about his wonderful Cessnas and the joys of instrument flying were interesting. Now, not so good.

Likewise Pilot - James Gilbert was a fine old style pilot, author and editor. He and Nick Bloom really made that magazine a must for me for a while. Jungmeisters and Stampes - what could be wrong with that!