PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Private Jet PJ-GECA
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 12:06
B737900er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Harry Wayfarers
I've been out of the game for some 10 years or longer but before then I was doing flight crew recruitment and I obviously needed a good knowledge of licenses and rights to live and work etc.

There were no JAA/EASA licenses back in the 70/80's, as recently as the early 2000's European nationals were still in the processes of transferring from national licenses to JAA licenses, it became a long drawn out process with various national CAA's objecting to this or that of JAA and back then, just as one example, Italy were issuing illegal JAA licenses before Italy was approved by JAA as being compliant..

And in one of my recruitment positions we had European nationals that also had the rights to live and work in USA whilst they held both JAA and FAA licenses, they would fly B737's in Europe each summer before heading off each winter to fly B737's based in Florida, they couldn't operate 'N' registered aircraft on their JAA licences, as they would arrive in MIA each winter they would ride the simulator for an LPC or whatever to make their FAA licence current.

But this guy makes no mention that he ever flew commercially in The Netherlands or Europe so why the need for a JAA license if he was to fly for AA, why not just go for an FAA license having already flown a military career in USA.

B737900er ... If you were a gambling man how much would you bet on this guy being legitimate?
My intentions were never to hunt this guy down. It was to find a picture of his beloved PJ-GECA G650ER.

But when I couldnt find any trace of it, and then his stories werent really making any sense,
Which got my thinking is this guy real?

His CV is that impressive to the point I dont know how he managed to do it. Hes got PHD in engineering and attended MIT as well??

Some would say it is harmless fun. I agree to a point. However, if you were drinking in your local bar/pub and a guy kept telling people he was SAS or Navy Seal and you knew full well he wasnt, would you not be tempted to say anything?

Stolen Valour is a felony/crime in both the USA and UK.