PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a Private Jet PJ-GECA
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 11:32
Harry Wayfarers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by B737900er
He told me last night his uncle is Joe Henry Engle (which could be true) and plans to do a live stream with him.

He told me he doesnt have a FAA licence, he was allowed to fly on his JAA one for American Airlines. Now may be that was the case back in the 70/80’s ?

He has been battling cancer since 82’ and still held a medical. I questioned this, and showed legislation that said you have to be in remission before a medical could be considered on a waiver.

The Dutch Antilles is no longer and is classed as The Netherlands hence he can fly on his EASA licence. 🤔

I havent got a vendetta with the guy, I know he is lying, Its the great people on this forum who have found the nitty gritty on him. My gut feeling seems to be right.
I've been out of the game for some 10 years or longer but before then I was doing flight crew recruitment and I obviously needed a good knowledge of licenses and rights to live and work etc.

There were no JAA/EASA licenses back in the 70/80's, as recently as the early 2000's European nationals were still in the processes of transferring from national licenses to JAA licenses, it became a long drawn out process with various national CAA's objecting to this or that of JAA and back then, just as one example, Italy were issuing illegal JAA licenses before Italy was approved by JAA as being compliant..

And in one of my recruitment positions we had European nationals that also had the rights to live and work in USA whilst they held both JAA and FAA licenses, they would fly B737's in Europe each summer before heading off each winter to fly B737's based in Florida, they couldn't operate 'N' registered aircraft on their JAA licences, as they would arrive in MIA each winter they would ride the simulator for an LPC or whatever to revalidate their FAA licence.

But this guy makes no mention that he ever flew commercially in The Netherlands or Europe so why the need for a JAA license if he was to fly for AA, why not just go for an FAA license having already flown a military career in USA.

B737900er ... If you were a gambling man how much would you bet on this guy being legitimate?

Last edited by Harry Wayfarers; 16th May 2020 at 12:24.