PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IAG: BA restructuring may cost 12,000 jobs
Old 15th May 2020, 16:19
RJ100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Plastic787
Here we go.. Do you live in a parallel universe where there’s no Coronavirus or one where Vueling are completely immune to its effects? I think they’ve got their own problems at the moment to be honest.

(Ignoring all of that Vueling and Level - whoever you choose from the IAG stable - have absolutely zero brand awareness in the U.K. Level to Vienna was an absolute disaster for instance. You might as well give up and hand Gatwick on a plate to easyJet.)
A BA manager has specifically mentioned the possibility of another IAG company moving into LGW instead of BA. I doubt WW really cares what brand is there as long the money is kept within the group.
All WW cares about is lowering costs. If that means moving Level or Vueling to LGW then I’m sure he’ll do it. For the unfortunate pilots selected for redundancy the offer could be we are closing LGW, there is a job with another IAG company if want it... have they then not fulfilled their requirement to find another position?
I think of you turned that offer down you’d not be in a great position. As for the passengers I’m sure that joe public will not be bothered if the ticket price is correct whoever gets in. If it’s partnered correctly and still sold via the BA website WW and IAG will be laughing as they’ll offer a cheaper product at the same price.