PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2020, 09:47
MARKEYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
No, but I'm sure they're incompetent, as are most managements in the view of their employees!

One thing is however for certain, as part of a large publicly quoted organisation that will be suffering severe cash flow issues, and a responsibility to their shareholders to maximise profits, or in the current situation, minimise losses they'll be forced to make some very unpalatable decisions to preserve their business in the medium term, to ensure that there will be a business and employment for people in the longer term.

I feel for anyone working in any part of the travel and tourism industry at present, but looking at the situation you've got to say that some job, on a lower salary with possibly worse conditions is, to a point, better than no job at all.
I am a long standing BA employee

So to dismiss 42 , 0000 staff , make redundant 12 , 000 staff and re employ 30 ,000 on the worst terms and conditions possible ( makes Mike Ashley look like a reasonable employer) is better than no job ?
BA are using this situation to their advantage to completely re structure the airline and its subsidiaries to an all time low

There won’t be a BA that you know or recognize I am afraid with most staff on zero hours and just above the minium wage

Last edited by MARKEYD; 15th May 2020 at 11:32.