PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Base Training, Command Courses, POS18 and job cuts
Old 14th May 2020, 14:28
cxorcist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by herewego75
What world are you living in? oooooo that's correct a privileged one. A world where you clearly don't care about anyone but yourself. With your comments it would not surprise me that you on the GC! Always worrying about ME ME ME or an employee that has taken full advantage of the company ( max sick days etc ).

At no point will CX retrench anyone if they have not tried their best to cut costs where they can.

ARAPA - do you think that people getting 2 x salary of a SO ( just for housing ) will be allowed? Wishful thinking!
Bases - they will be recalled like they should be but I'm sure most of the guys will not want to come back without ARAPA!
Pay Cuts - for everyone!

So I do agree with you that LIFO is the way they will retrench guys and they will be recalled in seniority order.
BUT that's after they make long long term changes first.

Good luck all i'm sure that our well informed and well communicating GC will tell us the GOOD news next Friday.
What world am I living in? Good question. Hopefully, one in which both sides honor a contract that was signed (to include LIFO), not a Chinese toilet paper contract only valid when things don’t get rough.

Privileged? Did you get that from your anthropology professor in uni? Was I privileged when I was picking sand out of my teeth, jumping in and out of chem gear on 40+ degree days, and having every imaginable size AAA shot at me? Was I privileged doing hard yards at FBOs working for flying time? Or how about flying seven legs a day for near minimum wage?

No, I don’t think so.

Privileged is when your tiger mommy fills out your CX application for you, and then you get to go on vacation to Adelaide to fly a DA-42 around the pattern. Then, poof! Magically you are qualified to fly big jets for CX while you move back in with mommy and play video games on all your time off. That’s privilege!

Did I miss something or did the Internet just raise the biggest generation of twats in the entire history of the world?