PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX Coming battle - Reality check
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2020, 09:22
Fat_Dumb_and_Unhappy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cxorcist
Perhaps you misunderstand the job, mine isn’t to be “fun” for you to fly with. Grow up... This isn’t a Harry Potter fantasy for you. People have lives and families affected by this. Your pipe dream is immature and irrelevant.
You are absolutely correct that your job isn't to be "fun" to fly with, but it is your job to manage a coherent team and fostering an effective environment for task sharing, threat and error management...etc Quite frankly you sound like someone who seems to think it's a single pilot operation and loses the crew from the very minute you show up at dispatch.
There's no doubt that experience in the cockpit is vital for safety, but I would say it's equally dangerous when you have a senior pilot who shows nothing but utter contempt to junior crew, the type of cockpit gradient that results in no-one willing to engage in the operation and speak up.

I was told a long time ago that part of the assessment process of selecting pilots was an easy thought process of "Can I sit next to this person for 6+ hours?". Judging by your comments on here and your attitude towards junior crew, I can only assume that years of cx have soured your character, or that you were an excellent actor.