PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has Anyone Flown Commercially Lately?
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2020, 08:51
Mr Mac

Received 109 Likes on 65 Posts
Buster11
I have flown short haul to and from Germany often via various transit points as direct route was not option. Masks gloves and sanitiser, no food on board. Queuing was not really an issue as so few people in terminals and or security (I have been on a Gulfstream with more passengers !).
On board separation in seats, with crew also masked etc so not a great experience. Temp checks on arrival (but not in UK). The quarantine which maybe imposed at the end of this month in UK may preclude my commute though, this being the UK Govt things may change when Boris wakes up Friday or next week. Our legal dept are currently checking on quarantines, as we have a multinational staff who all travel to a greater or lesser degree from Germany .
There maybe some airport testing available (like Austria) in which case that maybe an option. I must stress that the only people who are travelling appear to be Business related, tourism is not on the radar yet, though it is being discussed here judging by holiday requests starting to creep in ! If Boris goes through with quarantine with no airport testing option then I will be based in Germany for sometime !! Long haul maybe more of a challenge, and at the moment I am due out to Texas in June and Tokyo so we will see how that goes. Hope that helps, and gives you a picture of what to expect, but on the plus side as I said limited queuing and security even polite at Manchester.
Kind regards
Mr Mac