PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Coronavirus Impact on Air Travel
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2020, 10:24
FFMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by West Brit
I am hopeful that air travel will go back to the 70s. Fewer airports fewer aircraft. Expensive flights should be the normal. It is great not seeing vapour trails across the sky. No new runway at LHR destroying countryside and communities. Microsoft Teams has now officially killed off mass business travel. This would be all good for the environment and reverse this and previous generations disrespect for preserving the planet for future generations. This madness of growth and more growth for what?
And aviation is singly responsible for the world's environmental problems is it? I would say it is one of the more responsible sectors (and I don't work in it).
Have you any idea how much plastic waste this virus has unleashed on the planet globally through fully disposable single use PPE?
The collosal increased amount of dross photos and videos of brain-washed kids painting 'rainbows that don't look like rainbows' that are being uploaded to social media that get stored in energy sucking 'data warehouses' that some estimates put at taking upto 4% of global energy consumption.....
All the extra soap and alcohol based substances that are being washed in to the aquatic environment.....etc etc